Monday, October 30, 2006

Weekend Update (without Tina Faye or Kevin Nealan)

Well, here's a quick update of my weekend. I honestly don't remember what I did on Friday. I don't know what's been going on with me lately but my memory for appointments is really slipping. I had 4 things on 4 different nights last week and didn't make it to any of them. I either totally forgot or I just messed the time up so I missed it anyway. Time to get a planner I guess.
Anyway, Saturday I went to my buddy Jim Hunt's place to watch the football game. We had a great time, especially since OU won! We then got invited by his neighbor Jakie (an ex OU football player and millionaire) to watch the remaining games at his place on his 62" plasma and then simultaneously watch 2 more games on his two 48" plasmas!!! As if that wasn't good enough, in walks the Dean of the College of Engineering!!! This is a guy I will definitely get to know! We watched some good games and then I had to leave to go pick up my new cat. Yup, that's right, I decided to get responsible and get a cat. I thought about a dog but I just don't want to have to take it to the bathroom and all that jazz. A cat can take care of itself. Boy is this one an awesome cat too! She spent nearly every moment I was home this weekend sitting on my lap and purring or playing! Her name is Sazurak (that's what was given and she knows it).
After playing for a bit I decided to go to a costume party. I got a costume together thanks to mom, I went as a missionary (found my old nametags). It went over well and got a good reaction from everyone at the party, and everyone I've told about it!
Sunday was just a regular sunday. I went to church then went to a buddy's place for some grub and to play the guitar. I've got about 5 songs under my belt (not too bad for 2 weeks) and calused fingertips. I've also got a sore shoulder from strumming. Oh well, I'll get used to it I'm sure. That's about it for me. Oh yeah, I'm watching a Hitchcock movie tonight with a cutie from the singles ward. She's not completely my type but no one in the ward is and she's mildly interested in me so... No worries, I'm just looking for someone to have a good time with anyway, don't plan on any wedding bells for a very, very long time, at least from me right Dane?

No comments: