Tuesday, October 17, 2006

If the pants fit???

An interesting event took place last night, here's the story:

I had to stay home and do homework so I decided it was a great time to do laundry as well. Laundry is a laborious task because I have to go to the Laundromat in my complex but before that I usually have to get quarters and in order to get quarters I have to go get cash, so you can see how much of a chore this is.
After getting quarters, separating out my clothes and getting to the Laundromat, I loaded my clothes into the washers and went to do some homework. 45 minutes went by and I went back to change them from washer to dryer. Well, someone had left their clothing in the dryers thus occupying them all, except for one. This suited me just fine because jeans always need more time to dry. I promptly put them in the dryer and waited for the return of the dryer hog to claim their now dry clothes.
When the lady finally arrived around 9PM I tagged right behind her and as she emptied a dryer I filled it and started it. I also checked that my jeans were still drying.
I left for about an hour and upon my return found that my clothes were completely dry. I started pulling them out to take home and fold and as I approached the last dryer, the one with my jeans, I found it to be empty!!!
"Surely someone simply moved my clothes to another dryer," I thought.
Checking all of the dryers I came up empty for my clothing but found another dryer to still contain someone else's clothes. I contemplated taking those clothes and holding them for ransom (assuming they whose clothes these were possessed mine). I decided against that and came to the frightful realization that every last pair of nice jeans that I owned, minus what I had on, was gone along with a nice pair of new shorts!
I was really upset but the only conclusion I came to that would give me any closure and peace is that whoever took them must have a greater need for them than I did. I really believe that to be true and had they asked I would like to think that I would have given up every last thing I owned in the Laundromat! I'm working on being able to believe that 100%.
In the mean time, I will be going to Ross or TJ Maxx to purchase some new pants. I will also be taking back the new OU Hoodie I just purchased. A bit more good news is that I actually have a bit of cash in the kitty that I can use to take care of this unforeseen need (just can't seem to keep it there).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.