Friday, October 13, 2006

First posting

Well, here we go! I've never done this before but it's so easy!
First things first though, a bit about me.
I'm 27 yrs old and I work for a civil engineering firm where I design roads to put it in simple terms. I love my job! I can't believe they actually pay me to do this. I learn something every day. The company is great and the folks I work with are great.
I'm a divorcee of about a year and I have a 3 yr old son named Jarom. He is the smartest 3 yr old you'll ever meet and I plan to post a lot of what he says and does. He lives in Dallas with his mother. I get to see him every other weekend or so which is definitely not enough. I can't wait to be done with work and school so I can see much, much more of him.
I moved to Norman, Oklahoma about 4 months ago to pursue a Bachelor's of Science in Civil Engineering (BSCE) and to help my company start an office in the Oklahoma City area. It's an amazing opportunity that I am so thankful for. Again, I can't believe they are actually paying me to do this!
Although I enjoy school and work, I enjoy being away from them even more. In the free time that I have (not much) I play disc golf, golf, hang out at the institute, watch Seinfeld episodes, and just try to stay out of my apartment.
I've met a lot of very cool and interesting people since being in Norman. I'll be sure to post pics of all my friends here.
Anyway, I plan to be in Norman until I finish school in about 6 years (part-time studend). After that I will be moving to whatever state my son lives in.
Well, I think that's a good start. We'll see how this things develops.

No comments: