Monday, October 16, 2006

Sooner or later a Civil Engineer

Sooner or later a Civil Engineer

Man, what a weekend!
It started with LaRisa's birthday party. There was guitar hero and kareoke party! It was a lot of fun and I met a lot of cool people.
The next day was OU football. The game was awesome except for the fact that AD broke his collarbone and is out for the rest of the season, bye bye AD!!!
I went to Jim's place for more football watching and food. Those folks are awesome.
While I was there I got a phone call from a buddy of mine wanting me to double with him and his girlfriend. His girlfriends best friend was in town and they didn't want her to feel like a tag-along. No problem, right? I no sooner accepted the offer than I was informed of the "situation". She had a boyfriend!
"Well," I thought, "the only way this could get worse is if she is cute." I guess I should have known that I was jinxing myself because she was CUTE! 5'3", strawberry blonde, slim, well dressed and personality!
Now I had a decision to make, go in guns blazing and turn on the charm (it's a little rusty but I think I've still got it) or "just be friendly". The pacifist in me took over and I went the friendly route and I'm glad I did because she was as "cold as ice" (http://www.lyricsfreak.com/f/foreigner/cold+as+ice_20054885.html)
I ended up having a very pleasant conversation with my friends girlfriend and enjoying the bricktown area of OKC and the scenery that was accompanying me, if by definition only.
We exchanged pleasantries and they were on their way! Whew, that was brutal.
Sunday was pretty cool except for one thing, I woke up to my apartment leaking like a sieve!!! Called maintenance and there was nothing they could do until it stopped raining. I put down towels and buckets until today. I secretly hope they can't fix it so I can get out of that place and move somewhere with washers and dryers in the apartment! I HATE laudrimats!

No comments: