Tuesday, November 7, 2006

TA&M vs OU

Well, I went down to College Station, Tx this past weekend and had a blast!!! It's about 360 miles away and the trip down took me 6 1/2 hours, thanks mostly to a 3 semi accident. One semi went head-on into two others. It was not good. All three truck cabs were completely gone as well as most of the trailers. No one survived. It caused traffic to be stopped on I-35 in both directions for 2 hours but I caught the tail end of it.
Once in College station I went to Midnight Yell practice. It was really cool. A&M fans get together at the stadium at midnight and do a bunch of yells and chants and stuff. There were several thousand people there! Unbeknown to me they turn the lights out at one point and your supposed to kiss who you're with. We I had no prior warning until the lights went out and Kristine told me. I am not a spur of the moment kisser even in this type of a situation so I didn't do anything. Hope I didn't embarass her or offend her, sorry Kristine!
So the next day we met up early because ESPN College Gameday was there doing their broadcast. We got there around 8:30 and stayed until it was over at 11. There were a ton of signs and people. It was really a lot of fun.
That afternoon we met up with some more of Kristine's friends and went to lunch for her friend Lindsey's birthday. Kind of funny that it was on November 4th. I kind of feel like I didn't miss Angie's b-day because I went to one.
We hung out until closer to gametime and headed to the game. It was quite an experience. I won't give the play-by-play but I will say OU dominated the first half then barely hung on to win by 1 point in the second half. It was ironic to say the least that the last play of the game A&M had 12 men on the field and would have given the first down to OU had they not gotten it! (A&M is famous for the "12th Man" being the crowd) I couldn't help but yell out, "Thank you 12th man!!!" I think every Aggie in the section shot me a dirty look, it was awesome!
Well, I left the next morning and made it back in 5 hours! Not too bad for a Sunday drive. I missed church though which really stunk. But I did get to go the the Gladys Knight presentation that night. Let me tell you that was amazing. It was very similar to a baptist church where there was testimony with singing of the choir and we were encouraged to clap and sing along. It was pretty refreshing to feel the spirit in that unique kind of way. I had a lot of fun.

Me & Kristine at Midnight Yell Practice


Me and Kristine at ESPN College Gameday


The Jumbotron!


Me and Kristine at the game

No comments: