Monday, November 20, 2006

Fun weekend

I tend to start all of these out with "Well," so I'm putting this sentence in to change that.
Well, it's been a while so I thought I'd give an update. I had a great weekend. I went to James' house Friday and watched 6 or 7 episodes of Seinfeld. Giddeup! James is such a mimbo!
Saturday was a sleep in day and then I watched the OU game, they won in spite of 5 turnovers.
I played an amazing game of ultimate frisbee Saturday afternoon. Believe it or not I'm actually pretty good at that sport. I can put the frisbee just about anywhere I want. They call me the Quarterback. Well, at least one guy does. :) But it's nice to be able to throw it the ENTIRE length of the field. It really spreads the defense when I get the disc.
Anyway...that night I had a date. Not the first one I've been on, just the first one i've advertised. She was 28 (only a couple of months older than me) and has 2 girls (4 and 2).
A friend of mine set us up so it was a blind date, but I felt pretty comfortable. She was cute and easy to talk to. We had a great time. I don't feel any pressure to call her soon though because I'm enjoying being single (not to mention there are other more promising things on the horizon but that's just between us...wink wink).

Sunday was Stake Conference and we had a visiting General Authority in town. Elder Wood from the quorum of the Seventy. He was a very dynamic speaker and really made a great impression on everyone there. The Stake President is also an amazing man and very down to earth. All-in-all the conference was awesome and the spirit was really strong. I think it convinced me that I need to take notes when I go to those things, or at least be ready to even if I don't write anything.
Sunday afternoon I went to a friends house. She cooked Chili and invited a ton of people, including the missionaries! We sat around and chatted and threw a little foam PBS&J car around the room. It made for great conversation (and a bit of spilled chili thanks to me...oops!)
Last night I watched Singing in the Rain with LaRee. I love that movie! The company was great too. We also watched my goofy cat go spastic!!! She's a nut at about 8PM.
I'm looking forward to Thanksgiving because I'll have Jarom. I'm also a bit nervous because it'll be for 5 days instead of the usual 2.5. I don't know what to do with him. Not to mention Thanksgiving day! Oh well, it will just be us and it will be fun.
Oh yeah, I almost forgot. I bought Seinfeld Season 7 and it will be here Wednesday so I'll have the whole weekend to watch all the new old episodes. I'm pumped. I'll probably have some folks cycling through in the evenings to watch the episodes with me.

No comments: