Wednesday, December 6, 2006

All Work and No Play...?Whatever!

Well, somehow between work, school, Jarom every other weekend and life in general I managed to do it! I now officially have a girlfriend. I know, I know, I was the first one saying this wouldn't/couldn't happen, but somehow it did. No worries, it's not like I'm going to go off and get married or anything rash like that, I'm not ready for that. I'm taking baby steps. It took me a while to get back on the horse, then it took me a while to get used to getting bucked off of the horse, now I'm on a new horse and I'm just going to ride this one at a nice and slow stroll. Wow, that horse analogy went way too far! I'm sure if she reads this I'll be hearing about it.
You probably want some juicy details so I'll tease you with a few. Her name is LaRee. She's a blonde. (not sure why I decided that was a juicy detail but whatever) She's a very good artist, painting and drawing. She has a pretty heavy crush on Superman, but I'm okay with that. Everyone has to have something they are moderately obsessed with, for some it's shoes, for other's sports yet other's with getting into others' business, hers is Superman. Could be worse, right? She is from Arizona but moved out here to live with her brother who is attending OU. We met playing volleyball on Wednesday nights a couple of months ago. She's got a great sense of humor but she can also get serious (but not too serious).
I'll be honest, getting to this stage was tough. You don't get much practice at almost being a couple. Now that we're over that hump it should be smooth sailing. I feel pretty comfortable with "Relationship JD" and "Independent JD" is doing well for himself too. As long as I can keep the two worlds from colliding I'll be just fine.
It's really nice to have someone who thinks your special, someone to think about in dull moments, a shoulder to cry on (metaphorically of course, I don't cry...ehem, uh can we change the subject?) I had almost forgotten how nice it is. Because of the divorce and because I took some time to be away from women I think I got my head right and I'm in a good, healthy relationship. It's been a long time in the making but it's great!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well sir, I didnt know you had SO much going on with your life! I am glad to hear that you are out there dating again, and you have to have a few "bad" dates to realize what a "good" date is, and to appreciate it that much more!!! I am sorry I havent called you lately, I could try and use the excuse that I am too busy, but that's not true, I'm just too lazy when I get home. I just like to plop down on the couch with Justin & Dazy and relax. Well I hope you actually get this, since we both know I dont know diddly about computers. Keep up the good work! It sounds like you are doing great in every aspect of your life.

Love ya,
Your Sista